March 03, 2009

Animoto - Take 2

Ok, I had to do a second video, because I was a little annoyed with the first. Animoto said to load approximately 15 pictures for a 30 second video, which I did. However, when I chose my song, because it was so short, it only used 5 of the images. Plus, it didn't even use the image that I had selected for it to spotlight. Shouldn't that have been the first one used? If I spotlight something, that usually means I really want it in the video. Anyway, I went back in and changed the song, and this is where annoyance part 2 came in. When searching through the songs, it tells you how long the song is (be it anywhere from 2 to 6 minutes), but doesn't tell you how long of a snippet animoto allows. When I chose Vivaldi's Spring it only used about 11 seconds of it. So from there on it's just a guessing game as to what song might actually be the full 30 seconds. And considering it takes several minutes for the video to be created, it's not necessarily a quick fix to go in and choose another song.

Other than those few annoyances, it's a fun little time waster.

Update: I had to upload the video a 3rd time, because when I typed up this comment, it deleted the 2nd video. Sigh...

No comments: